Meeting topics are announced each month on our Home Page.
There are no meetings in July and August.
June and September meetings subject to cancellation!
NOTE: CVDCC meetings are not generally open to the public. However, potential new members are invited to attend one meeting for free to help them decide whether they wish to join CVDCC!
REGULAR MEETINGS (see below for meeting topics)
The Regular Club Meetings are held on the fourth Tuesday of every month starting at 6:00 PM and is held at the Portola Community Center at 45480 Portola Ave., Palm Desert, 92280 - at the southeast corner of Portola and Shadow Mountain in Palm Desert. Limited parking at the back of the building.
CRITSIG (Critiquing Special Interest Group) is an informal gathering of members normally held one week prior to a competition (and perhaps more often!) to review digital images members are intending to submit into competition, and to offer gentle suggestions for improvement.
Starting in March, 2015, CRITSIG meetings will be held on the third Wednesday of competition months, that is, 6 days before the judging at the regular Meeting. They will also be
held at the Portola Community Center, from 9:00 AM until Noon.
REGULAR MEETING TOPICS FOR 2018
(Subject to Change!)
- January: Competition Meeting. Judge: TBA
- February: Hutch Hutchison, Speaker
- March: Competition Meeting. Judge: TBA
- April: TBD
- May: Competition Meeting. Judge:TBA
- June: TBD
- July, August: No meetings
- CVDCC International Exhibition
- Moderated by Stuart Lynn
- Presentation of stunning award-winning images
- October: Competition Meeting. Judge: TBA
- December: Competition Meeting. Judge: TBA